· Focused, hard working individual, works equally well in a team or on own initiative to meet deadlines.
· Excellent at visualization. Good eye for detail. Keen to develop in new areas.
· Accomplished in the use of 3D Max 5.1, Character Studio 4.2, PhotoShop for 5+ years.
· Experienced with Premiere 5, MS Word 2000, Adobe Go Live 6.
2004-2005 Genuine Games, Scotland.
Working as a Character and Environment Artist. Working From home.
2003 Pivotal Games, Bath
. Character Artist working on the characters for the Conflict 4 series of games for Playstation 2, PC and XBox, including Conflict:Desert Storm 2 and Conflict:Vietnam.
· Creating high polygon patch models for FMV, and low polygon edit-mesh models for in-game.
· Using the Unwrap UVW facilty in Max on a single texture page.
· Character Rigging using the Character Studio Biped and the Skin modifier.
· Constructing morph targets for lipsync work and solving Skin limitations.
2002 Birchfield Interactive plc, Cardiff.
· Computer Artist and Animator for “Ace Monkey” educational software.
2000-2002 Immersive Education, Oxford.
· Computer Artist. Researching, modelling and posing characters, animals, props and environments for an educational storyboard game called Kar2ouche.
· Modelling included general construction using 3Dmax 4: surface tools and low poly modelling, bones, skinning and texturing, hair and cloth design and rendering.
· Characters were often accurate representations of people from an historical or modern day background.
· Texturing involved using Photoshop 6, illustration, and digital photography.
1998 Home Movies Animation Company, Cardiff.
Creative Supervisor for an award winning film for the Cardiff Animation
Festival, working with local schools.
1997-1998 Competa Studios, Competa, Spain.
Working as an artist in a community studio, tutoring life drawing.
1995-1997 Howardian Community Education Centre, Penylan, Cardiff.
Photographic Development Officer. This involved teaching beginners photography; general maintenance of the darkroom; and the development of the darkroom facilities.
Six Primary Schools in the Cardiff area.
Organizing and running Pinhole photography workshops with classes of children in year 5 and 6; teaching them the fundamentals of photography and the science of light, over a semester.
"Cities in Schools". Project, Cardiff.
Teaching expelled children as a community project tutor.
1993-1997 Part Time Residential Care Officer, Cardiff County Council.
Enabling adults with learning difficulties to live in the community.
1996 Photographers Residency, Meadowbank School, Whitchurch, Cardiff.
Working as part of “Artists and Teachers Working Together” project.
University of Wales Institute, Cardiff. Photographer for the Prospectus.
Mantova, Italy; and Utrecht, Holland. International Pavement Drawing Artist.
1998-2000 Glamorgan Centre for Art & Design Technology
Higher National Diploma: Animation.
1992-1997 Adult Education Courses:
G.C.S.E.’s: Biology (B), Spanish (A).
A levels: Sociology (B).
City and Guilds: Photography.
P.G.C.E.Certificate of Education: F.E Stage 1.
1989-1992 Cardiff Institute of Higher Education, Cardiff.
B.A Honours: Fine Art: 2.1
1988-1989 Trowbridge Technical College, Wiltshire.
Foundation Diploma: Art and Design.
1981-1988 Corsham Comprehensive School, Wiltshire.
A Levels: Art, History, English.
O Levels: Geography (A), Maths (A), Art (A), French (B), Chemistry (B), Physics (B), History (B), English Literature (B), English Language (C).
1998 Character modeller on the Gogs for Aaargh Animation, Cardiff.
1997 Building and documenting a playground construction, Pueblo Nuevo, Nicaragua.
1992 Coordinator for a Quaker International Project taking a group of adults with learning difficulties on holiday in Edinburgh.
1986-1987 Fund raiser for a year before going to Kenya, as part of a team, to build a school with the help of the local school children for Wiltshire / Kenya Link.
French and Spanish.
Clean driving licence since January 1993.
Making furniture,Cycling, swimming, camping, travelling.
References available on request.
Published Games and Educational Software
PlayStation2 Games: Conflict: Desert Storm2, Conflict: Vietnam
Kar2ouche: Midsummers Night Dream, The Vikings People in Science, Elements and Atoms.
Ace Monkey: Wild Animals.
Pure Guts: Street Luge, Downhill Skateboard.